Salt and Pepper Crackers are the perfect paleo snack. Made with just 4 ingredients –almond flour, egg, salt, and pepper, they’re a satisfyingly crunchy cracker that I make often.
Instead of running to the store for a box of highly processed, expensive gluten-free crackers (with who knows what ingredients in them?!) make my amazing Salt and Pepper Crackers. It’s easier to make gluten-free, grain-free crackers from scratch than “regular” wheat-based crackers, and you can whip these up in a jiffy. If you’ve always wondered how to make homemade crackers, this easy cracker recipe is a great place to start!
I first made these low-carb crackers during the holidays because I wanted to bring a low-carb snack to a party. If you can have dairy, these are terrific with my homemade goat cheese recipe. If you are on a dairy-free diet, try these amazing crackers with my healthy homemade Guacamole recipe, or my Mango Salsa.
- Place almond flour, egg, salt, and pepper in a food processor
- Pulse until dough forms
- Separate dough into two halves
- Place each half of dough between two pieces of parchment paper
- Roll out dough to 1/16-inch thick, then remove top piece of parchment paper
- Transfer bottom piece of parchment paper with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
- Cut into 2 inch squares using a pizza cutter or a knife
- Sprinkle with extra salt and pepper if desired
- Bake at 350°F for 6-10 minutes
Paleo crackers are an incredibly healthy real food snack when you’re craving some crunch! My boys and their friends says these are the best crackers ever!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for low-carb healthy crackers. They’re a great snack at cocktail parties, holiday gatherings, and to use for dipping when you’re sitting on the couch watching a football game.
Here are some of my other easy homemade cracker recipes: