When I was a child I loved crackers. I especially loved Wheat Thins. I can’t have those anymore. So I’ve made my own paleo Wheat Thins recipe. This egg-free, gluten-free cracker recipe reminds me of the yummy little crackers in the yellow box of my childhood. The ones that weren’t gluten-free.
We ate Wheat Thins back in the day, before we knew about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. Before my mother was diagnosed with celiac disease. Before I was diagnosed, and my son, and my sister. Before this auto-immune disorder wreaked havoc on my family. The good news? Treating celiac disease is as easy as going on a gluten-free diet, and now we all are.
This easy cracker recipe is made with leftover almond pulp, not almond flour. It’s a super easy paleo cracker recipe to have on hand after you make my paleo Almond Milk recipe. I bake this cracker recipe in the oven for 20 hours. During this time the oven pushes in heat every now and then to maintain this very low temperature. I do not make it in a dehydrator, as I do not own one. If your oven does not go as low as 135° simply bake the crackers for a shorter time at a temperature that is a little bit higher and keep an eye on them.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Roll dough into a ball, press between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll to ¼-inch thickness
- Remove top piece of parchment paper
- Transfer bottom piece of parchment paper with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
- Cut dough into 2-inch squares with a knife or pizza cutter
- Bake at 135°F for at least 20 hours, or until crunchy
- Let crackers come to room temperature on baking sheet, then serve
Below are some of my other easy paleo recipes for you! If you are looking for egg-free paleo recipes check out my Egg-Free Recipes page.