Today I want to share a deliciously healthy recipe from my latest book Paleo Cooking from Elanas Pantry. I’d also like to thank all of you who let me know on Facebook and twitter that you found the book at both Costco and Target. It’s great to see the Paleo and grain-free trends spreading. Everyone deserves healthy food.
This Asian Stir Fry is one of the numerous healthy entree recipes in Paleo Cooking from Elanas Pantry. It is a tempting combination of vegetables sauteed in coconut oil, along with chicken. I serve it over Cauliflower Rice for a low-carb super healthy, dinner. I love trading out high carb grains such as rice for superfood cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower. This dish is also superb over Sesame Kelp Noodles.
Here’s the recipe, and keep in mind that there are so many other delicious yet healthy entree dishes available to you in Paleo Cooking from Elanas Pantry just in case that’s what you are looking for.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads broccoli, sliced into 3-inch spears (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads baby bok choy, sliced crosswise into 1-inch strips (about 1½ cups)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a plate.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Saute the onion for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and translucent
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and chicken and saute for 10 minutes until almost tender
- Add the bok choy, mushrooms, zucchini, and salt and saute for 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup of the water, cover the skillet, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are wilted
- In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot powder in the remaining ½ cup of water, stirring until thoroughly combined
- Add the arrowroot mixture to the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy
- Stir in the sesame oil, vinegar, and honey, then serve
For more information on Paleo Cooking from Elanas Pantry check out my cookbook page.