Looking for a deliciously healthy Asian Stir Fry with Chicken recipe? You’re in luck, as I’m sharing this exclusive recipe from my book Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry.
Asian Stir Fry with Chicken
This one pot meal is made with chicken breast and an amazing assortment of healthy vegetables ranging from broccoli to bok choy, mushrooms, and zucchini.
Recipes Chinese Food
This is my family’s favorite because it’s a Chinese food copycat recipe that’s also incredibly healthy and easy to make!
Recipes Quick Dinner
Better yet, when weeknights get busy and chaotic this easy dinner recipe for family meals is a wonderful solution.
Recipes Easy Healthy
When I wrote Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry my aim was to provide you with recipes that are both easy and healthy.
The book has been so popular that it made the New York Times best seller list –mission accomplished.
Asian Stir Fry Chicken with Broccoli
This Asian Stir Fry with Chicken and Broccoli is one of the numerous healthy entree recipes in Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry.
We love this tempting stir fry with vegetables sauteed in coconut oil (though olive oil works just as well) along with high protein chicken.
Asian Stir Fry with Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads broccoli, sliced into 3-inch spears (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads baby bok choy, sliced crosswise into 1-inch strips (about 1½ cups)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry
- Cut into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a plate
- Heat the coconut oil in a very large frying pan over medium heat
- Sauté the onion for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and translucent
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and chicken and sauté for 10 minutes until almost tender
- Add the bok choy, mushrooms, zucchini, and salt and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup of the water, cover the skillet, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are wilted
- In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot powder in the remaining ½ cup of water, stirring until thoroughly combined
- Add the arrowroot mixture to the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy
- Stir in the sesame oil, and vinegar, then serve
Recipes High in Protein
If you’re looking for recipes high in protein, this is one of many in my book and here on the website. For more, check out my Dinner Recipes page.
Easy Dinner Recipe Healthy and Low Carb
Trading out high carb grains such as rice for superfood cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower is just one of my favorite Keto Diet hacks.
What Celiac Disease Is
In fact, I eat extra healthy because I have an autoimmune disorder called Celiac Disease. If you’re wondering what Celiac Disease is, I’ve written quite a bit about it in these blog posts:
In short, although Celiac is often considered a disease of the gut, it is in fact a multi-organ system autoimmune disease.
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease around twenty-five years ago, in the Dark Ages of the Gluten Free Diet.
My son also suffers from it, and he is the reason I began cooking in earnest –to turn all of my childhood favorites into gluten free classics, just for him!
Recipe Using Chicken Breast for Dinner
If you have diet restrictions and aren’t sure where to start, here are some of my other easy healthy recipes for dinner using chicken breast:
Paleo Recipes Dinner
One of my favorite things about Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry is that it’s full of delicious paleo recipes high in protein for everything from breakfast to dinner.
You can also check the book out on my cookbook page.
One Pot Meal Healthy
In addition to healthy, high protein dinners, I’ve always loved the simplicity of a one pot meal! Simple dinners made my life so much easier when the boys were little.
Preparing a dinner recipe that has one pot clean up means far fewer dishes. Here are some of my favorite one pot meals that are healthy:
- Recipe for Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- Chicken with Cauliflower and Olives
- Instant Pot White Bean Soup with Kale
Recipe Roasted Chicken
The gorgeous photo above is my favorite recipe for roasted chicken, aptly called Perfect Roast Chicken in Oven.
If you have a recipe with rotisserie chicken and don’t want to use a prepared bird, try the recipe above instead.
Recipes Leftover Chicken
Need some inspiration for recipes with leftover chicken? Look no further!
How Much Chicken is a Serving?
I’m often asked, “how much chicken is a serving?”
The standard serving size is four ounces, however, I do my best to eat more than that given that I need extra protein. This is because, in addition to Celiac Disease, I have MS and am working to rebuild my myelin sheaths.
So gluten free dinner recipes that are high in protein are the name of the game for me. Easy is also high on my list.
Best Easy Dinner Recipes Gluten Free
Easy dinner recipes aren’t just for those of us with autoimmune disorders like Celiac, they’re for everyone.
Along those lines, here are my favorite chicken dinner recipes. They’re easy to make, healthy, high in protein, and most important, totally tasty!
Baked Chicken with Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
Nothing says “zesty” like a cilantro lime chicken marinade. You’ll find this delicious infusion of these two incredible flavors in my Chicken with Cilantro and Lime recipe.
If you’re not in the mood for baked chicken, here are my two favorite grilled chicken recipes:
Recipe for Mexican Chicken and Rice
For another one pot meal, my recipe for Mexican Chicken and Rice swaps healthy low carb cauliflower rice in place of high carb white rice. This is also an amazing comfort food dish.
Recipe with Cauliflower and Chicken
And if you’re looking for easy chicken breast recipes with few ingredients that are low carb and cheesy, try my recipe for healthy Chicken Parmesan –it’s a sure fire winner with kids!
Recipes Vegetarian Dinner
Last, but definitely not least, I also have some great recipes for vegetarian dinners below:
- Recipe for Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- Insta Pot Soup White Bean Soup and Kale
- Keto Recipe for Mac and Cheese Bake
The Best Gluten Free Recipes for Easy Dinners
I hope this laundry list of recipes that are easy and healthy inspires you to get in the kitchen and cook up a storm for dinner!
This post is an oldie but goodie from the archives, I first shared this Asian Stir Fry with Chicken in 2013.