This high-protein chicken dinner is a wonderful paleo one pot meal. Chicken with Cauliflower and Olives is also bursting with the gorgeous flavors of lemon and thyme.
This hearty, grain-free, savory paleo dinner recipe is a hit with our entire family, and as you can see is an all time fan favorite. I often serve this with a Spinach Salad for a filling, vegetable heavy dinner.
While we eat chicken once or twice per week, I also try to serve the boys (all 3 of them) steak each week as that is their favorite dinner. They are more than happy when I serve them grilled steak with a side of Mashed Cauliflower and Carrot Fries, which also go very well with this paleo chicken recipe.
Chicken with Cauliflower and Olives
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon, use a microplane zester
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel
- Spread thyme sprigs evenly in the bottom of a 7 x 11 inch baking dish
- Place chicken over thyme sprigs and scatter cauliflower around chicken
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, olives and garlic
- Pour mixture over chicken and cauliflower
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight
- Bake at 400°F for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is well browned
I combined and adapted recipes from Real Simple and food.com to create this easy paleo chicken dinner recipe. I hope you love this dish as much as we do. It’s so festive that I think it’s perfect for the Jewish holidays. I serve it over the High Holy Days, as well as Passover. It’s a great holiday dish because it’s so easy to prepare, but makes such an impressive presentation.
Here are some of my other favorite paleo chicken recipes!