This Perfect Roast Chicken recipe has 8 ingredients and is a breeze to make. All you need is a whole chicken, garlic, onion, thyme, lemon, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
I often make this easy chicken recipe on Mondays because it’s so simple. I assemble all of the ingredients in the late morning or early afternoon, and then throw it in the oven to bake before dinner. Every time I make this healthy chicken recipe I save the carcass and make a big batch of my homemade Chicken Bone Broth recipe in a crockpot. I keep some of the bone broth in the refrigerator, and the rest in the freezer. I love using the bone broth for snacks and in other dinner recipes throughout the week.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Remove chicken giblets and rinse chicken inside and out
- Pat chicken dry
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Liberally salt and pepper inside of chicken
- Stuff cavity with bunch of thyme, both halves of lemon and all garlic
- Brush outside of chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Tie legs together with butcher’s string and tuck wings under body of chicken
- Place each onion quarter into a corner of dish
- Roast chicken for 1½ hours or until juices run clear
- Allow to cool slightly and serve
My version of Perfect Roast Chicken is based upon one from Ina Garten. While Ina’s recipe for Perfect Roast Chicken calls for wheat flour, chicken stock, and butter, mine is a tad simpler and gluten-free as well. My boys adore this roasted chicken recipe and I think you will too!
Here are some paleo side dishes that we serve with this easy paleo chicken recipe!