I first made this Spicy Chicken with Grilled Lime recipe for a Sunday night dinner when my in-laws were visiting. They were delighted by this easy chicken recipe and impressed with how quickly I was able to throw it together after we arrived home with them from a weekend in the mountains. The best thing about grilled chicken? The grill! As in no messy pans or baking dishes to clean up.
While I generally love being in the kitchen and cooking dinner (it’s fantastic family time) one thing I don’t love is meal planning. That’s why I make myself meal plans and share them with you all. My favorite meal plan is posted on my Facebook page and includes the Paleo Bagel recipe from my latest cookbook, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry. I have a second, equally fun, yet different weekly paleo meal plan here on this site for those that do not use Facebook.
While many of you come here for my easy Paleo and grain-free dessert recipes, I also know that each and every one of us face the “what to make for dinner” quandary every night of the week! So I hope these free meal plans will help you solve that ongoing dilemma.
Spicy Chicken with Grilled Lime
- Place chicken pieces and limes in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, combine coconut sugar, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, allspice, and salt
- Pour spice mixture over chicken and mix thoroughly
- Cook chicken and limes (face down) on barbecue over medium heat for 15-20 minutes per side
- Chicken is done when an instant read thermometer stuck into chicken reads 165°F
- Squeeze grilled limes over grilled chicken
This healthy chicken recipe is based on one called Poussin with Spicy Rub and Grilled Lime by Katie Quinn Davies in the book What Katie Ate. I was introduced to this book my my friend Kelly. The book is a fantastic survey of avant-garde food styling techniques and fabulous photography.
Katie has tons of healthy recipes in this book and I have only begun to make my way through it. Although it is not gluten-free, it certainly is a lot of fun.