This Paleo Flax Bread recipe has just 7 ingredients –flax, eggs, olive oil, cream of tartar, baking soda, water, and salt. It’s an easy gluten-free recipe that is perfect for people that are just getting comfortable in the kitchen.
We love this gluten-free bread. Why? Because Paleo Flax Bread is full of super healthy fiber and is ultra delicious to boot! It’s a great nut-free paleo bread recipe that’s keto too.
- In a large bowl combine flax meal, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt
- In a smaller bowl, mix together eggs, water, and olive oil
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, mixing well
- Allow batter to stand 2-3 minutes to thicken
- Pour batter into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Cool for 30 minutes
The photo above shows this bread used for focaccia. As you can see in the photo below, I’ve also made this low-carb paleo bread recipe in a standard size loaf pan. When I did that I had to bake it for 45 minutes total. The result? A gorgeous loaf of bread. Paleo Flax Bread is delicious when made this way!
When we eat this bread in loaf form, we slice and toast it, then spread it with ghee or butter. It’s a fantastic keto snack served this way. I also like to serve it with poached eggs and avocado for a high-fat keto breakfast.
To store Paleo Flax Bread wrap it in a paper towel, seal in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week. This bread recipe is based on one by Laura Dolson. I made changes to her recipe, removing the artificial sweetener that was in it, as well as changing a couple of other items to come up with this Paleo Flax Bread recipe.
I created this savory topping with wholesome fresh herbs for this delicious Paleo Flax Bread. You can eat the above bread plain, or proceed onward to toast the bread and top it so that it is a delightful paleo bruschetta.
- 1 batch focaccia
- 1 small onion, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Slice focaccia bread into squares and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- In a small bowl, combine onion, parsley, rosemary and olive oil
- Spoon mixture onto bread squares
- Bake at 350° until onions are browned
- Remove from oven and bread will be crunchy; drizzle with more olive oil if desired
The boys and I have been baking a lot and really enjoying summer. It is full of baseball, jumping on our trampoline, bowling, board games, and walks down to the creek. We are having an amazing time. They have also been fabulous sports in helping me get work done for the launch of my first cookbook, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, which received this lovely review from Delicious Living!
Paleo Flax Bread is great with breakfast! Here are some other easy paleo breakfast recipes and ideas for you: