I am loving working with the Almond Board of California to promote healthy eating. Almonds are my favorite superfood –they’re full of protein, low in carbohydrates and packed with nutritious vitamins and minerals.
The Almond Board asked me to create a cracker recipe for them so I have developed these wonderfully flavorful Rosemary Crackers made of almond flour. They are delicious paired with olive tapenade or any soft spreadable cheese for a cocktail party. For a simple snack eat with cheddar or jack cheese. Enjoy!
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and rosemary
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and egg
- Stir wet ingredients into almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined
- Roll the dough into a ball and press between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ⅛ inch thickness
- Remove top piece of parchment paper
- Transfer the bottom piece with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
- Cut dough into 2-inch squares with a knife or pizza cutter
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden
- Let crackers cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes, then serve
Yield 24 cracker cookies
I’ll be in Los Angeles for a book signing this Saturday at Erewhon (I’m bringing samples of my gluten free, dairy free Chocolate Chip Cookies) and if you’re in the City of Angels I’m hoping to see you there!
Friday morning I arrive in LA and I’ll be doing a satellite media tour. What is that, you ask? I asked the same thing. Basically, I will be sitting in studio talking to a bunch of different radio stations and then I’ll be on set for live TV interviews with various television stations. So far, it looks like I’ll be chatting with the CW Network, and several others. If you are on Twitter I will be tweeting as I go!
Update: Here’s the video the Almond Board of California made of me making these scrumptious little gluten free crackers.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.