When I was a child I loved crackers. Still do. I especially loved Wheat Thins. Can’t have those anymore. Solution? I’ve made my own. These tasty Wheat Thins remind me of the yummy little crackers in the yellow package of my childhood. The ones my mother bought for parties. The ones that weren’t gluten free.
That was back in the days before we knew about celiac disease and gluten free living. Before my mother was diagnosed with celiac. Before I was diagnosed, and my son, and my sister. Before this auto-immune disorder wreaked havoc on my family.
The good news? Treating celiac is as easy as going on a gluten free diet, and now we all are. Even my husband. He’s gone gluten free because he feels better on the gluten free diet. And he wants to be like us.
Now, forget about all of that disease talk, and grab yourself some tasty gluten free wheat thins.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Roll dough into a ball, press between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll to ¼-inch thickness
- Remove top piece of parchment paper
- Transfer the bottom piece with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
- Cut dough into 2-inch squares with a knife or pizza cutter
- Bake at 135° for at least 20 hours (yes, 20 hours), or until crunchy
- Let crackers come to room temperature on baking sheet, then serve
Here are some more yummy gluten free cracker recipes you may enjoy:
-Pepita Parmesan Crackers With a Warm Scallion Dip by AndreAnna of Life as Plate
-Almond Crackers with Garlic & Rosemary by Shannon of Nourishing Days
-Almond Poppyseed Crackers with Ricotta and Honey by Carrie of Deliciously Organic
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.