I am beyond tickled to announce the forthcoming publication of my second book Gluten-Free Cupcakes on April 26th, 2011. Gluten-Free Cupcakes is truly a labor of love, as my boys were very involved in its conception and development. What child doesn’t love cupcakes? I could not have done this book without the boys, now 12 and 11 respectively.
When my editor and I settled on a recipe list for the book, the first thing I did was print out two copies, one for each of the boys. They sat on the couch, read through the list, and then I queried them, “Which recipes do you like? Are there any that you want removed? Are we missing anything?”
My two little editors-in-chief, had quite a lot of feedback for me. Baseball Cupcakes easily made the cut. Then the concept of a cheesecake cupcake was added by my younger son, and a marble cupcake was added by my older son. That’s just a highlight of our late night conversations, late night being before 9pm in our house, at least when it comes to children. Many a night after the boys were in bed, I was up baking cupcakes until 2 or 3 am.
Below is my recipe for these amazing nut-free Strawberry Cupcakes from Gluten-Free Cupcakes. It is one of my younger son’s favorite desserts!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda
- Blend wet ingredients into coconut flour mixture with a hand blender until combined
- Fold in the strawberries
- Scoop batter into each prepared muffin cup
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs attached
- Let cupcakes cool in pan for 1 hour
My favorite recipe in Gluten-Free Cupcakes is the Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes which are not only gluten and grain-free, but egg-free too!
Here are some of my easy paleo dessert recipes that use strawberries!