Gluten-free Gingersnaps are a deliciously addictive Christmas cookie that’s super easy to make. My healthy version contains a nice dose of anti-inflammatory ginger. That’s because I’m passionate about creating desserts that taste incredible while containing super foods. My recipes are a win-win for everyone!
Easy Low-Carb Gingersnaps Recipe
These low-carb Gingersnaps are the perfect holiday cookie. My children and I have been baking quite a lot of gluten-free Christmas cookies lately. I find this ginger cookie recipe especially easy to make and so do the boys. That’s why I was asked to prepare it live on Colorado’s “Everyday” Show. The program aired on our local Fox News Station.
- In a small bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot, salt, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon
- In a medium bowl combine shortening, honey, and vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients into wet
- Knead dough by hand, until it comes together
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball
- Briefly dip ball into a small bowl of water
- Roll wet ball in coconut sugar to coat
- Flatten ball with palm of your hand
- Bake at 350°F for 7-8 minutes
- Cool and serve
Forming the Dough
I’ve made this recipe dozens of times and it comes out perfectly for us! If you live in a dry climate and your dough does not easily come together, feel free to add one extra tablespoon of honey which will do the trick. I haven’t ever had to do this, but want to troubleshoot for you just in case!
Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipes
I went on Twitter recently to ask folks a few questions about the holidays. I was having trouble deciding which cookies are appropriate for Christmas. The verdict was that my Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies are indeed a Christmas treat.
Low-Carb Christmas Cookie Recipes
If you’re looking for other low-carb Christmas cookie recipes you’ll love these!
Watch Me Prepare Gingersnaps on Live TV
Here’s the video to show you how to make my Gingersnaps recipe!