The base of this gluten-free biscotti recipe is made with just 5 ingredients –almond flour, salt, baking soda, honey, and egg. After mixing these healthy ingredients together to form the dough, you simply stir in the next 3 scrumptious ingredients –dried cranberries, dark chocolate, and pecans. Voila, you’ve got incredibly tasty paleo biscotti cookies!
Every newly diagnosed celiac I know wants a good gluten-free cookie recipe. I sure did when I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1998. I like that this healthy biscotti recipe is made with high-protein almond flour, rather than rice flour, which is the flour typically used in gluten-free desserts.
Quick and easy this paleo biscotti recipe is perfect with a cup of tea for a healthy dessert or nutritious snack.
My friend Aimee was here the other day and I gave her one of these biscotti fresh out of the oven. She is not on a gluten-free foods diet, so I was concerned she might not be as enthusiastic about them as my family is.
I asked her how the biscotti tasted and she replied, “this is one of the best things I’ve ever eaten!” She’s more of the quiet and understated type, so her feedback meant a lot to me.
- In a large bowl, blend honey and egg with a hand blender
- In a separate bowl, stir together almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stir until combined
- Mix in chocolate, cranberries, and pecans
- Form dough into 4 logs 5" long and 3" wide on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for 2 hours
- Transfer log to a cutting board and cut into ½ inches slices on the diagonal
- Place biscotti on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes, turn slices over and bake for an additional 6 minutes
- Remove from oven, let cool until crunchy about 20 minutes
Here are some of my other gluten-free dessert recipes: