There’s nothing like a refreshing salad on a hot summer’s day; this gluten free Arugula Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette hits the spot. Finding gluten free salad is easy (arugula and raspberries don’t contain gluten). Finding gluten free salad dressing is another story altogether.
Gluten lurks in the strangest places. And salad dressing can contain various binders and flavorings (such as soy sauce) that are not gluten free. That’s why I like to make my salad dressings from scratch –it’s a lot cheaper as well.
You can make this Raspberry Vinaigrette ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for up to a week. And feel free to mix and match the dressing with other greens from your garden.
- Place arugula and raspberries in a large bowl
- To make vinaigrette, place vinegar in a vitamix
- Turn machine on to medium speed and drizzle in olive oil
- Blend in raspberry fruit spread
- Toss desired amount of dressing over arugula and raspberries
- Refrigerate remaining dressing in a mason jar
The flavors in this salad complement each other nicely –the sweet raspberries offset the sharp flavor of the savory (spicy) arugula. This festive looking crowd pleaser is a great dish for potlucks, barbecues, or a simple everyday treat. Adding fruit to a green salad is a little trick that I use to get my boys to eat more veggies. This makes your salads visually appealing and just a bit more enticing as well.