I often forget how much I love cooking with pumpkin until fall arrives. Well, fall is back and I have been using this vegetable with a vengeance.
- 1½ cup blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or palm shortening
- ½ cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin, well packed, or winter squash
These muffins are easy to make and will fill your kitchen with the wonderful smell of autumn. They are very moist on the inside. Beware of little children who gobble them up, leaving the wrappers strewn around your house! Not such a bad problem to have considering how nourishing these treats are.
What is your favorite treat to make during pumpkin season? Leave a comment and if you’re feeling adventurous, leave the recipe too!