Let us now praise all things pumpkin. I’m kinda obsessed with gluten free, dairy free pumpkin dishes right now, hence the vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream here, and the Pumpkin Bars earlier this week. And let us not forget the Pumpkin Pie Muffins of last year either.
This pumpkin pie ice cream is a delicious fall treat whether served at Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin, or other squash
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch of celtic sea salt
- In a vitamix combine coconut milk, pumpkin, cashews, and honey
- Puree ingredients on high speed until smooth
- Blend in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to instructions
I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy, healthy frozen dessert recipe. I love that it meets the needs of of people on gluten-free and dairy-free diets. If you’re wondering how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker, see my quick and easy 2-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream recipe.
Here are some of my other pumpkin dessert recipes for you:
Elizabeth Propst says
This looks wonderful. Our garden produced a bunch of pumpkins, so I will have to give this a try. Can you substitute another nut for the cashews? My son doesn’t do well with cashews. Thanks
Elizabeth, thanks for your comment! I haven’t tried that so not sure. I have some fabulous ice cream recipes that don’t contain cashews in this book:
Have a wonderful day and if you experiment with this recipe I hope you’ll let me know if it works!
Clara Ann says
Elana can I use stevia sugar instead of honey as I cant have sugar if any kind !!
Clara, I haven’t tried that so not sure. Here’s a link to my sugar-free recipes for you:
Will canned pumpkin puree work?
Scott, I haven’t tried that so not sure :-)