This Paleo Chocolate Pie is a family favorite. The boys like to top it with homemade Whipped Cream. It is absolutely fantastic served that way! If you want to keep the recipe dairy-free, top it with my Coconut Whipped Cream. I hope you enjoy this Paleo Chocolate Pie as much as we do!
Paleo Chocolate Pie
- 1⅔ cups chocolate chips
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat; remove from heat
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with honey for 1 minute with a hand blender
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a hand blender until stiff peaks form
- Stir egg yolk mixture into pot of warm chocolate
- Mix chocolate and yolks until combined; mixture will be slightly thickened, shiny and beautiful
- Stir salt into chocolate mixture
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture
- Transfer into cooked and cooled Pie Crust (page 79 The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook)
- Refrigerate for 3 hours
This quick and easy Paleo Chocolate Pie recipe is made with 4 ingredients. The recipe is based on one from Silvana Nardone’s book, Cooking for Isaiah. I met Silvana at Blogher Food in 2010. During the conference, we learned that in terms of our children, we have much in common. Silvana is the former editor-in-chief at Rachael Ray Everyday. She began cooking gluten-free after her son, Isiah, now 13 and very into basketball, was diagnosed as gluten intolerant. I too began my adventures into gluten-free cooking when my son Jacob (now 12 ½, and very into baseball) was diagnosed with celiac disease.
My son has been on a strict gluten-free diet since he was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2001. He’s a huge fan of this gluten-free Paleo Chocolate Pie recipe, and so are his friends. And they have no food restrictions whatsoever!
Can I have the recipe for the crust?
I made this for Mother’s Day for my mom (without the crust) and she was in heaven. I was too! Absolutely delicious and so incredibly easy! Thanks.
Chocolate Mousse Clouds? That sounds like what Heaven should be made of!
Stacy Cimino says
OMG it is the mousse cloud pie that I will dream of tonight. I would love to win this giveaway – I will be ordering the cup cake book tomorrow!!!
danae javier says
i love you chocolate cake recipe from your book, i actually made it tonight!!! yummy!
Moreen G says
Already a fan. Love the chocolate giveaway idea!
Beverly Elrod says
choco chip cookies are the best
amy schactman says
wow, a chocolate dream come true. What a life………
Elizabeth J Gerstle says
For those of us that pure chocoholics this is a dream come true!!! Thank you for sharing!!! xoxox
Oh Yum! Chocolate is one of the four main food groups – so glad that you are giving recipes to be able to use it :-)