Nutty Bread is a hearty, gluten-free-bread recipe packed full of nuts and seeds. It reminds me of one of my favorite breads that I used to eat often before going gluten-free in 1998, called muesli bread. Though this bread does not contain the high-glycemic dried fruit that a muesli bread would have in it.
We like to toast gluten-free Nutty Bread for breakfast, and serve it with my Homemade Goat Cheese and scrambled eggs. This gluten-free bread also works well along with a big salad at lunch. For a quick and easy dinner, it makes a great base for a sandwich stuffed with organic turkey, avocado, romaine, tomatoes, and mustard.
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¾ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup golden flaxmeal
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt, and baking soda
- In a larger bowl, blend eggs 3 minutes until frothy
- Stir vinegar into eggs
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, then add nuts and seeds
- Transfer batter into a well greased 7.5 x 3.5 magic line loaf pan
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
- Cool and serve
To store this bread, wrap in a paper towel, seal in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
If you’re like us, you absolutely love the paleo diet, but may want to have an occasional slice of bread as not to feel deprived. That’s why I’m sharing some easy paleo bread recipes for you to enjoy!