Learn how to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries with my easy Homemade Paleo Chocolate and surprise your Valentine with a healthy treat.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are a great Valentine’s Day dessert. Since they contain a fruit rich in antioxidants they’re healthier than most. However, there’s a hitch. Often, store bought chocolate contains dairy, making this classic treat a no-go for those on a dairy-free diet. Same for all of you avoiding refined sugar. Or soy. Since my Homemade Paleo Chocolate is dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and soy-free you’re in luck.
This paleo dessert is a game changer! My Chocolate Covered Strawberries are not only healthy, they’re delicious! Follow these step-by-step instructions and make your special someone a healthy Valentine’s Day treat.
- In a very small pot over very low heat, melt cacao butter
- Stir in coconut butter, then remove from heat
- Use scale to measure dry ingredients
- Measure cacao powder, maple sugar, lecithin, vanilla, and salt, and add to a small bowl
- Grind dry ingredients in a coffee grinder
- Use whisk to mix dry ingredients into cacao butter mixture
- Refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes
- Whisk mixture together
- Dip each strawberry into chocolate mixture
- Set each strawberry on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Remelt chocolate over very low heat
- Refrigerate chocolate for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set again
- Dip each strawberry a second time
- Refrigerate strawberries 10 minutes
For all of you wondering, how long does it take to make chocolate covered strawberries, it’s fairly simple. You’ll need about 20 minutes of hands on time, and less than an hour for the entire process, including clean up. You can quickly create this easy dessert by dipping fresh strawberries in my antioxidant rich dark chocolate.
Here are some of my other healthy paleo Valentine’s day recipes for you!