My boys love these Paleo Sugar Cookies because they’re delicious and so fun to make. I love them because they’re quick and easy to throw together and full of healthy low-carb ingredients. They’re adorable as a heart cookie, but you can make them into a variety of shapes depending on the holiday you’re celebrating.
Paleo Sugar Cookies Recipe
These Paleo Sugar Cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, and do not use refined sugar. This low-carb recipe for Paleo Valentine’s Day cookies has only 7 ingredients total. All you need to make it is almond flour, coconut oil, honey, nutmeg, orange zest, salt, and baking soda.
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies for Valentine’s Day
For one Valentine’s day, when he was 9 years old, my older son gave out these Paleo Sugar Cookies instead of paper valentines. Because the children in his class had so many different food allergies, these cookie valentines were perfect. Even without ingredients such as gluten, sugar, and dairy, my son told me that the children in his class said they were incredible!
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil, honey, and orange zest
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Separate dough into 2 balls and place each on a piece of parchment paper
- Cover each ball of dough with another piece of parchment paper and roll out ¼ inch thick
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes
- Use heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out cookies
- Bake at 350°F for 5-7 minutes
- Cool and serve
Paleo Buttercream Frosting Recipe
We frost these healthy cookies with my White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting which makes them even more adorable and delicious! This fantastic frosting recipe is super easy to make and has only 5 ingredients.
Easy Paleo Sugar Cookie Recipe for the Holidays
We make Paleo Sugar Cookies into hearts for Valentine’s Day and at Christmas, we use other fun shapes such as snowmen and snowflakes. Rolling out cookie dough and cutting out cookies is a fun project the boys and I love doing together!
More Low-Carb Cookie Recipes
Here are some of my other healthy cookie recipes for you. All of them are far lower in carbs than their sugar-laden, wheat-filled counterparts!