Gluten-free Cranberry Orange Scones are made with a super healthy base of almond flour, eggs, and honey. They’re studded with antioxidant rich dried cranberries and chocolate chips. Feel free to use any type of chocolate chip that your heart desires in these grain-free scones. I’ve made them with dark, milk, and white chocolate chips and they’re incredible each way.
The orange zest in these scones adds an amazing flavor. I often use extra and sprinkle it on top. I love the flavor of orange zest and can’t get enough of it. In addition to flavor, orange zest contains nutrients that boost your immune system to help fight off colds and flu.
Cranberry Orange Scones
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cranberries, chips, and zest
- In a small bowl, combine egg and honey
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Knead dough with hands to distribute ingredients properly
- Form dough into 2 little circles, each ½-inch thick
- Cut each circle into 8 slices, like a pizza
- Using a metal baking spatula, transfer slices to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes
The general idea for these scones came from Joy the Baker. I made quite a few changes until I had created an entirely new scone recipe that is grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!
Here are some of my other easy gluten-free scones recipes for you!
Kate H says
Made these yesterday and my family loved them. Made with agave then made an orange glaEbusing swerve powdered sugar and orange zest. Added dark choc chips to some and toasted walnuts to others. Love these scones and can’t wait to try other variations.
Kate, thanks so much for letting me know your family loved these!
susie stelzer says
Can I make these ahead and freeze them? I’m hosting a large brunch and then 4 hours later a Luau dinner for 75- Bridal shower and engagement party!
I was going to double your recipe and then thrown the finished product in the freezer for about 10 days.
Any special tricks for thawing them?
Do you serve them at room temperature?
sorry for so many questions- I am a beginner cook who can’t taste what she cooks due to food allergies?
Susie, I haven’t tried doubling this recipe or freezing these so not sure if that will work. What are your food allergies?
Hi, how many carbs in each?
Dee, for more on that please go here:
Have a wonderful day!
maggie griffin says
How many net carbs in these?
Maggie, for more on that please go here:
Have a wonderful day!