Gluten-free Cranberry Orange Scones are made with a super healthy base of almond flour, eggs, and honey. They’re studded with antioxidant rich dried cranberries and chocolate chips. Feel free to use any type of chocolate chip that your heart desires in these grain-free scones. I’ve made them with dark, milk, and white chocolate chips and they’re incredible each way.
The orange zest in these scones adds an amazing flavor. I often use extra and sprinkle it on top. I love the flavor of orange zest and can’t get enough of it. In addition to flavor, orange zest contains nutrients that boost your immune system to help fight off colds and flu.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cranberries, chips, and zest
- In a small bowl, combine egg and honey
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Knead dough with hands to distribute ingredients properly
- Form dough into 2 little circles, each ½-inch thick
- Cut each circle into 8 slices, like a pizza
- Using a metal baking spatula, transfer slices to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes
The general idea for these scones came from Joy the Baker. I made quite a few changes until I had created an entirely new scone recipe that is grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!
Here are some of my other easy gluten-free scones recipes for you!