This dairy-free Chocolate Pots de Creme recipe is easy to make with only 5 ingredients –dark chocolate, coconut milk, egg yolk, stevia, and salt, and is so creamy it melts in your mouth. So even though the name “pot de creme” is quite fancy, don’t be intimidated by this recipe!
My husband inhaled these and the boys enjoyed them too, in spite of their aversion to dark chocolate. I like this Paleo dessert because it relies on stevia as its primary sweetener and does not have any added honey. It can also work well for those on a keto diet if made with dark chocolate that is 80% cacao or more. Serve this dairy-free dessert after dinner or at the end of a family brunch.
- Place coconut milk in a medium saucepan
- Stir in egg yolks, stevia, and salt
- Heat over medium-heat 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove saucepan from heat
- Transfer mixture to vitamix, and add chocolate
- Blend on high for 30 seconds
- Transfer scant ½ cup of mixture into 6 ramekins
- Refrigerate overnight or for 8 hours
This recipe for dairy-free Chocolate Pots de Creme is based on an award winning recipe by one of my favorite bloggers, Michelle of Nom Nom Paleo. Michelle is an amazing person and chef, and both she and her recipes are beloved and admired in the Paleo community.
Here are some of my other favorite healthy chocolate dessert recipes:
Like this Chocolate Pots de Creme recipe, they’re all super easy to make and incredibly delicious!