Chicken Meatballs are a child-friendly dinner that’s healthy and super easy to make. I’ve been serving these gluten-free chicken meatballs to the boys since they were in elementary school and this is one of their favorite high-protein dinners. I love serving these paleo meatballs over homemade zoodles.
If you aren’t familiar with zoodles, you’ll definitely want to check out my fabulous tutorial called How to Make Zucchini Noodles. I top these Chicken Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles with the homemade Tomato Sauce from my first book, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook. That homemade tomato sauce recipe is super healthy and another dish that’s very easy to make.
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (about 2 carrots)
- ½ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 large eggs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- In a food processor, pulse together zucchini, carrots, parsley, and garlic
- Add almond flour, egg, and chicken
- Add salt, pepper, and chili powder and process until thoroughly combined
- Drop tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake meatballs at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes
This recipe is based on a gluten-free chicken meatball recipe from Kelly Broznya at the Spunky Coconut. I first met up with Kelly and her family at the Boulder Farmer’s Market, and we grabbed some grub. After that we splashed around with her daughters in the creek and walked around downtown for a while. We’ve been dear friends ever since!
Here are some of my other easy paleo dinner recipes for you!