I have a bit of an obsession with making healthy gluten-free cake pops. If you too are a cake pop fan you’re in luck. My quest has continued and I’ve now created these adorable Valentine’s Day Cake Pops.
Valentine’s Day Cake Pops 2 Ways
I’ve used both dark chocolate and white chocolate to make these Valentine’s Cake Pops. If you’re watching your carb intake the dark chocolate version is perfect for you. You may also want to check out my Low-Carb Diet page since it has so many easy recipes that will fit your eating plan. Adults and children love my low-carb cake pops! I make this easy gluten-free cake pop recipe with white chocolate for my boys and they go absolutely gaga for ’em!
Easy Cake Pops Recipe
For these cake pops, I’ve omitted the jam or frosting in the filling that’s typically found in other cake pop recipes. Since I use healthy almond flour in this recipe, the cake is moist enough to hold the cake pop filling together without any jam or frosting to bind it.
- Bake Chocolate Cake as directed on page 84 of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook
- Cool cake completely
- Once cooled, crumble cake into a large bowl, making sure there are no large pieces
- Cake mixture will be very moist, no need to add frosting or jam
- Massage cake mixture with hands
- Press mixture into heart shaped mold, then remove and transfer to a parchment paper lined plate
- Place plate of hearts in freezer for 1-2 hours until very solid
- Remove one heart at a time from freezer
- Dip ½-inch of the tip of paper lollipop sticks into melted chocolate
- Insert lollipop stick straight into bottom of heart, pushing about ½-inch deep
- Dip heart into melted chocolate
- Make sure chocolate coating meets lollipop stick; this helps secure heart to stick
- Twirl any excess chocolate off cake pop
- Apply sprinkles
- Place stick of cake pop into a styrofoam block
- Complete with remaining hearts and allow to set completely
How to Make Cake Pops
If you’re wondering how to make cake pops and you’re a visual learner you’ll want to take a look at Bakerella’s cake pop video. I hope you enjoy these Valentine’s cake pops as much as we do, they’re a huge hit in my household, and I feel happy just looking at them!
More Low-Carb Valentine’s Day Desserts
Here are more low-carb Valentine’s Day Dessert recipes for you!