Paleo Carrot Banana Muffins are purely fruit sweetened and super easy to make. This yummy muffin is made with an almond flour base, sweetened with dates and bananas, and studded with carrots and walnuts. People tell me these are the best paleo muffins they’ve ever made!
Similar to a sunshine muffin or a morning glory muffin, this healthy muffin recipe is wonderful at breakfast with a cup of my liver cleansing, alkalizing, Dandelion Coffee. I’ve been drinking this caffeine-free coffee for decades and absolutely love it.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar, and oil
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl
- Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined
- Fold in carrots and walnuts
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes
- Cool in pan for 1 hour
The Philadelphia Inquirer included The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook in an article called “Gluten-Free But Still Tasty.” So many people tell me this is the first grain-free cookbook they ever owned. I wrote it in 2008 and we could not put the words “grain-free” or “paleo” in the title since those terms were so foreign!
This healthy Carrot Banana Muffin recipe is based on one by Heidi at 101 Cookbooks. I took her Fruit Sweetened Carrot Cake recipe and made it gluten-free and grain-free while lowering the amount of fruit sweetener in it.
Here are some of my low-carb almond flour muffin recipes for you!