Last weekend our friends Chris and Larry came over to sit out on our porch and read the Sunday New York Times with us while soaking in some good Colorado sunshine and we enjoyed these descendants of Heidi’s carrot, banana, date yumminess. Here it is for all of you.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl
- Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined
- Fold in carrots and walnuts
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- Cool in pan for 1 hour
Yesterday, I was happy to find that The Philadelphia Inquirer included my own little gluten free cookbook, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook in an article called “Gluten-free but still tasty.” Way cool.