Tonight is the Oscars and we’re having a nice little party over here (as usual). I’ll be serving this super quick and easy gluten free Mushroom Soup in little shot glasses. As you can probably tell by now, pretty much any event is an excuse for me to have people over and cook healthy gluten free food.
I frankly could not really care who wins what awards tonight. I just like to hang with my posse and have good eats. In case you’re wondering what else is on the menu, I’ll also be serving Salmon Dill Burgers from The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook (I make those into little balls and serve with toothpicks), as well as a huge salad and my beloved Black and White Cake, plus of course, a big crudite with dip to get the party started.
- Heat oil in a 6 quart stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion and saute for 20 to 30 minutes until caramelized
- Add mushrooms and saute for another 5 to 10 minutes until tender
- Pour chicken stock into pot, bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes
- Transfer pot contents to a vitamix and puree on high until smooth
Here are more gluten free mushroom soup recipes you may enjoy:
–Creamed Mushroom Soup with Toasted Herb Croutons form Dish Towel Diaries
–Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup with Cashew Cream from Joy the Baker
–Cream of Mushroom Soup (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free) from Nourishing Meals