I love this Paleo granola! It’s made of just 7 healthy ingredients –almonds, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Sweet and crunchy, it’s a great Paleo breakfast or snack!
I get a kick out of using the term “granola” to ridicule folks here in Boulder. However, when I’m feeling earthy, dousing myself in patchouli (which my husband dislikes to no end) I can easily apply the term to myself –even though I’m more of a yuppie than a hippie. I guess that would make me a yippie.
Alas, I digress. I created this recipe for a crunchy live gluten-free granola back in 2002. And even though he’s not a hippie, yippie or yuppie, my husband loves it, and so does my younger son. The little guy eats this healthy homemade granola with whole milk yogurt, which makes for a tasty and filling snack.
- Place nuts and seeds in a large bowl, cover with water and soak overnight
- Place raisins in a separate bowl, cover with 1 cup water and soak overnight
- Place raisins, along with their soaking water in a food processor and puree until smooth
- In a strainer, drain and rinse nuts and seeds and discard soaking water
- Add nuts and seeds to raisin puree in food processor and pulse until consistency of granola
- Briefly pulse in vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to incorporate
- Transfer mixture onto two large parchment lined baking sheets
- To make live granola, place in oven on the lowest setting (usually 135°) for 24 hours
- For instant gratification, bake 45 minutes in oven at 250°
- Top with shredded coconut or dried fruit if desired
Enjoy this Paleo granola recipe with fresh fruit, plain yogurt, or as I do, simply by the handful. If you have egg allergies, this is the perfect egg-free breakfast, and you also may want to take a look at my Egg-Free Recipes page!
Here are some of my other healthy Paleo breakfast recipes: