Rich and creamy Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse is made with antioxidant rich dark chocolate. Even better? It’s made with only 5 ingredients. This recipe calls for dark chocolate, coconut milk, eggs, coconut sugar, and water. That’s it! I like to make this dessert during the summer months since it does not require an oven, but it’s a fabulous dessert all year round!
Summer is moving along for us over here. The boys made over $300 at their lemonade stand last weekend during the Mapleton Hill rummage sale. They ran the stand with 2 other friends and baked tons of cookies from scratch for their little business. I was so proud of them. Maybe at their next stand they’ll sell this high-protein, dairy-free chocolate mousse! I would love that.
- In a medium pot heat water and coconut sugar to boiling
- Remove pan from stove and cool coconut sugar mixture for 8 minutes
- Add chocolate, stirring until melted
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks until pale yellow
- In another medium bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks
- Stir egg yolks into chocolate mixture in pot
- Stir egg whites into chocolate-yolk mixture until well combined, then stir in coconut cream
- Spoon mousse into jars
- Place in refrigerator overnight to set
- Garnish with chocolate if desired
Coconut cream is the semi-solid substance found on the top of a can of coconut milk. To ensure that you get a thick and solid coconut cream place a can of coconut in the refrigerator overnight, then scoop the cream off the top. Save the liquid at the bottom of the can for another use if you wish.
Here are some of my other paleo chocolate dessert recipes!