This Paleo Cranberry Almond Bread recipe is packed with nuts and dried fruit and is my own healthy gluten-free version of muesli bread.
Studded with dried apricots and cranberries, as well as crunchy bites of almonds, and sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame seeds, this easy gluten-free bread recipe is a fabulous every day bread, but also great for special occasions. Many fans tell me that they serve this as an Easter bread or as a healthy Christmas fruitcake. Made with low-carb almond butter, this is a flourless bread recipe that can be thrown together in just a few minutes!
- ¾ cup creamy roasted almond butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
- olive oil for greasing
- blanched almond flour (not almond meal) for dusting
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter, olive oil, and eggs with a hand blender until smooth
- In a medium bowl, combine arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda
- Blend arrowroot mixture into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined
- Fold in apricots, cranberries, seeds, and sliced almonds
- Grease a 7.5 x 3.5 inch magic line loaf pan with olive oil and dust with almond flour
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and sprinkle remaining sliced almonds on top
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted into center comes out clean
- Let bread cool in pan for 1 hour, then serve
To store this bread, wrap in a paper towel, seal in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
We slice this Cranberry Almond Bread and enjoy it as a jazzed up base for Turkey Club Sandwiches. We also love it toasted and dipped in olive oil, with a side of eggs, for a delicious paleo breakfast. Personally, I like Cranberry Almond Bread toasted and smothered in my homemade goat cheese.
I developed this Paleo Cranberry Almond Bread for the Almond Board of California to promote healthy and delicious eating. I’m working with the Almond Board because I love almonds. They are a superfood and of course one of my favorite things to nibble on. In fact, I like almonds so much that I wrote an entire book about them, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook which uses almonds in all of its recipes!
Here are some of my other paleo bread recipes that use almonds for you: