These incredible egg-free paleo crackers are called Multi “Grain” Crackers. Why? Because with their incredible crunch and flavor they taste like they’re made with many grains. In fact, these egg-free paleo crackers are made with a base of almond flour, macadamia nuts, flax, and hemp.
So as you can see, even though these are called Multi “Grain” Crackers, I have not started eating grains again. And yes, I’ve been grain free since 2001 when I went on a grain-free diet. Since then I’ve been creating as many easy paleo recipes, with as few ingredients as possible for all of you as I can!
- Pulse almond flour, macadamias, and coconut flour in a food processor until well ground
- Pulse in seeds, flaxmeal, and salt until almost fully ground (leave a little texture for crunch)
- Pulse in shortening, then water; dough will form a ball in food processor
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to ¼ inch (or less) thick
- Remove top piece of parchment paper
- Cut into 2-inch squares
- Bake at 300° for 20 to 25 minutes (or dehydrate; haven't tried so you will need to experiment)
The idea for these gluten free crackers is from my friend Betsy. She came over one Saturday afternoon so that we could go for a hike. We did, and then we set out to bake our way through my kitchen.
Here are some of my other easy egg-free paleo recipes for you!