It really is Joy the Baker’s fault. I have been baking scones every day since I read her post for Orange and Dark Chocolate Buttermilk Scones. I knew I would have to make my own gluten free version. So I did. And it’s scone mania over here. It’s gotten so bad that last weekend I made 5 batches of scones. All gluten free of course.
Joy, I wish I was your gluten free neighbor. And by the way, I do not have a dog, nor do I play loud 90’s music. And I’m not shy, well, that’s not entirely true; I am shy in groups. But not one-on-one, and I would definitely say, “hi,” if I was your neighbor. And I’d most certainly bring you a batch of these gluten free Orange Chocolate Scones. If I was your neighbor.
Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Scones
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, chips and zest
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg and agave
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Knead dough with hands if necessary to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
- Form dough into a circle that is about ½-inch in thick
- Cut dough like a pizza, into 8 slices, here’s a great how-to shot from my friend Jen
- Using a metal baking spatula transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes
I hope you all enjoy these healthy gluten free scones as much as my family and I have!
My friend Tia did a wonderful review of my The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook on her site, Glügle Gluten-Free. She’s also giving away one copy of my book, as well as a 5 pound bag of blanched almond flour from Honeyville, so check it out!
Here are some other gluten free scone recipes you might enjoy:
-Gluten Free Vegan Coconut Date Cardamon Scone Recipe from Book of Yum
-Honey Chai Scones from GF/BFF (Gluten-Free Best Friends Forever)
-Sweet Vanilla Blueberry Scones from Ginger Lemon Girl
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.