Mango, a wonderfully rich, sweet treat, full of nutritious prebiotic dietary fiber and antioxidants, is the perfect Paleo dessert.
Here’s how to cut a mango, because as the weather warms, I follow suit and warm weather fruits make their way into my shopping cart. Today I found gorgeous yellow mangos. I bought one and when I arrived home did the mango tango –a dance of slicing this slippery fruit.
How to Slice a Mango
- 1 mango
- Stand the mango on its end, with stem side down
- Slice the flat sides off the mango, without cutting into the pit
- Place half mango on a cutting board, flesh side up
- Without cutting through the skin, cut the mango with vertical lines
- Next, score mango with horizontal lines; leaving squares attached to the skin
- Turn the piece of fruit inside out and use a spoon to dislodge the cubes from the skin
- Repeat for the other half of the mango
I let the boys chew on the pit –a sweet and messy diversion for hungry little ones.
Please head on over to Facebook or Twitter to ask me anything not addressed on my Frequently Asked Questions page.