My favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday is the food. I love preparing healthy gluten free Super Bowl snacks for my boys and all of their friends.
I would love to say that the cute little gluten free cake pops above were assembled by my children. However, I made them, and as you can see my cake and candy decorating skills are on par with those of a 10 year old. Or maybe a 6 year old. In any event, when I was a child I loved crafty little projects like candy making and such. Obviously, I haven’t had much practice since back then.
I hope you all enjoy these gluten free Super Bowl Cake pops! If you make them, please take a photo, as I would like to do a post sometime soon with all of your beautiful gluten free football cake pops.
Super Bowl Cake Pops
- Bake Chocolate Cake as directed on page 84 of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook
- Cool cake completely
- Once cooled, crumble ½ of cake into a large bowl, making sure there are no large pieces
- Mix raspberry fruit spread into crumbled cake, use back of a large wooden spoon to combine
- Mixture will be moist enough to roll into 1-inch balls and still hold a round shape
- After making balls, squish into an oval shape and pinch each end to make footballs
- Place footballs on a parchment paper lined plate and place in freezer for at least an hour
- Melt dark chocolate in a very small saucepan, over very low heat
- One at a time, dip about ½-inch of the tip of paper lollipop sticks into melted chocolate
- Insert the lollipop stick straight into a (football) cake ball, no more than halfway through
- Holding stick with (football) cake ball attached, dip entire cake ball into melted chocolate, until covered
- Make sure chocolate coating meets at base of lollipop stick; this helps secure cake ball to stick
- Twirl any excess chocolate coating off the cake pop so it is evenly coated
- Place lollipop stick into a styrofoam block; allow chocolate coating to dry
- Pipe white chocolate stitches onto football cake pops
- Serve your healthier, gluten-free Super Bowl Cake Pops and wow your guests!
Here is a fabulous post by Bakerella with her football cake pops versus football cakeblobs. And don’t forget to take a look at Bakerella’s how to make cake pops video. It is indispensable when it comes to tips for how to make great cake pops.
Happy Super Bowl snacking everyone!