While the boys were on break during the holidays we got really into kale. My older one prefers his steamed and tops it with ume plum vinegar and toasted sesame oil. The little one, however, joins us in eating my raw kale concoctions.
These raw salads are super healthy, crunchy and quite delicious. We are hooked on them.
Raw Kale Salad
- Chop the kale into thin ribbons (almost like a chiffonade)
- Drizzle the kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Massage the kale with your hands to soften it, then allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, onion and orange
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes
I have made a different kale salad every night for a while now, so there could be a forthcoming kale salad series. Stay tuned.