Low-Carb Pecan Shortbread Cookies are made with only 7 ingredients. This no-fuss recipe calls for almond flour, pecans, honey, butter, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. As you can see, these cookies are made with wholesome ingredients. What you don’t yet know is that they taste incredible. Pecan Shortbread Cookies make an amazing gluten-free Christmas cookie, but we enjoy making them all year long!
Because they are made with a base of almond flour, these gluten-free Pecan Shortbread Cookies are a quick and easy high-protein treat! If you guessed that gluten-free cookies are very important to the newly diagnosed celiac, then you are correct. These Pecan Shortbread Cookies are fantastic for those on special diets because they are not only gluten-free, they are SCD, and GAPS.
These cookies are so good fans tell me they’re addictive. Go ahead, bake these buttery treats and see for yourself.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and pecans
- In a smaller bowl, mix together honey, butter, and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Place dough in the center of a piece of parchment paper
- Form into a large log approximately 2½ inches in diameter
- Place in freezer for one hour, until firm, unwrap and cut into ⅛ inch thick slices
- Place slices on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° until lightly golden, 7-10 minutes
- Cool and serve
Since Pecan Shortbread Cookies do not contain chocolate they are a wonderful cookie for your little ones, in case you’re trying to keep them off caffeine. My children and their friends love eating this cookie dough raw whenever I make a batch. Although my boys and I eat raw eggs, many of their friends do not. Given that this cookie dough is egg-free everyone can enjoy it!
Here are more paleo cookie recipes for you!