This easy paleo appetizer has only 6 ingredients. My Herb Stuffed Mushrooms recipe calls for mushrooms, goat cheese, parsley, chives, garlic, and salt. Really, it’s that simple! Don’t let this effortless recipe fool you, although it’s a cinch to throw together, it couldn’t be more elegant. Herb Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect finger food to serve right before dinner, or at a swanky cocktail party.
I began cooking with mushrooms when I was 13 years old. Back then I stuffed my mushrooms with a processed cheese. I now make these stuffed mushrooms from scratch. Hors d’ oeuvres made from mushrooms were a favorite of mine growing up. I’m not kidding, they really were. And now my children chow on these adorable appetizers, which makes me very happy since mushrooms are an excellent source of manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and selenium.
I was recently invited to develop an appetizer recipe for the Mushroom Masters, a global competition that helps celebrate National Mushroom Month which takes place during September. Since I love mushrooms, and they are so easy to prepare gluten-free and paleo, I was happy to participate. For the competition, I created the recipe for these Herb Stuffed Mushrooms.
- 1 (1 pound) package white button mushrooms
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Gently wipe mushrooms with a paper towel
- Remove stems and place mushrooms on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Place goat cheese, parsley, chives, garlic, and salt in a food processor
- Process until mixture is well blended
- Scoop 1 teaspoon at a time into mushrooms
- Bake at 350°F for for 20-25 minute, until edges of goat cheese mixture are lightly browned