Last weekend my in-laws came out to Boulder to visit and I used them as guinea pigs for this healthy Paleo Gravy recipe. Thankfully this gravy passed the in-law test served over Mashed Cauliflower.
When I made this Paleo Gravy, I roasted a chicken with onions and thyme and used the pan drippings for the recipe below. I probably only had a couple of tablespoons of drippings, and I actually think this gravy recipe might work without any drippings at all. The onions thicken the gravy; I learned this trick from the late, great author Elaine Gottschall (also a dear friend), who wrote a fabulous gravy recipe in her book Breaking the Vicious Cycle, which I highly recommend.
- In a medium saucepan, heat chicken stock, onions and garlic to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until onions and garlic are soft, about 30 minutes
- Pour pan drippings into saucepan
- Blend stock-onion-drippings mixture in a vitamix until smooth
- Place mixture back in saucepan and reheat, then season with salt and thyme
- Serve over turkey, Mashed Cauliflower, or anything else
I was beyond thrilled to find my book at the top of Jane Anderson’s list of Christmas and Hanukkah Gift Ideas for Celiacs on About.com. She listed The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook as her personal favorite gluten-free cookbook. Wow. Thanks Jane!