Paleo Porridge will shake up your breakfast routine in the best way. This warm and hearty gluten-free hot cereal is every bit as good as traditional porridge. It’s also just as quick and easy to make!
What is porridge? According to Wikipedia, it’s a dish made by boiling grains such as oats or other cereal meals in water, milk, or broth. I often make oatmeal for the boys using gluten-free oats. I don’t eat that though because I’ve been strictly grain-free since 2001.
That’s why I love this Paleo Porridge. I grew up eating Cream of Wheat for breakfast. We ate it as a savory breakfast with tons of butter (actually margarine) and salt. This Paleo Porridge is a far healthier gluten-free breakfast that brings back memories of hot cereal from my childhood.
- Combine dry ingredients in a vitamix and blend until finely ground
- Pour boiling water into vitamix, cover with lid
- Blend very carefully starting on low setting, then moving to high, until porridge is smooth
- Transfer porridge to a bowl
- Garnish with raisins, sunflower seeds, or shredded coconut
I use a full teaspoon of cinnamon in this hot cereal as several studies indicate this spice controls blood sugar, and I also like its flavor. This gluten-free hot cereal would make a quick and healthy breakfast with eggs and a hot mug of my Dandelion Root Coffee.
Here are some more easy paleo and gluten-free breakfast ideas for you!
Free exclusive eBook, plus recipes and health tips, delivered to your inbox.