I wouldn’t necessarily say that these Paleo Date Walnut Bars are low-carb, but they are certainly lower-carb than a traditional date bar recipe. Using almond flour in my gluten-free recipes helps to lower the carb count right off the bat. Reducing the amount of sweetener in my recipes helps too!
These Date Walnut Bars are sweetened with one-quarter cup of honey, while most date bar recipes use a cup of sugar, or more. Given this, I consider these Paleo Date Walnut Bars a very healthy dessert! If you’re looking for something different and need sugar-free recipes, you’ll definitely want to check out my Keto Diet Recipes page!
This is another one of my super easy paleo dessert recipes that you can whip up without much fuss. We enjoy Date Walnut Bars for breakfast with a hot cup of tea, or for an afternoon snack, or for dessert following our dinner.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Fold walnuts and dates into batter
- Scoop batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 22-30 minutes
- Cool and serve
Both my husband and younger son really enjoyed this paleo dessert! My older son barely noticed them since they do not contain chocolate.
Here are some of my other easy paleo dessert recipes for you!