This easy 2-ingredient Chocolate Raspberry Bonbons recipe is the perfect Valentine’s day treat! Made with dark chocolate and fruit sweetened raspberry jam it’s such a breeze to throw together that my children love to make it. Of course they do! What’s better than the combination of raspberries and chocolate?!
Valentine’s Day can be a super fun and crafty holiday. Unfortunately, it can also be a wasteful time when loads of processed candy and useless merchandise is sold. That’s why I’ve taught my boys over the years to have fun creating homemade gifts for friends and family. We especially enjoy making our own healthy candy, and these Chocolate Raspberry Bonbons fit that bill perfectly!
Usually I start out whipping up this treat, and the boys take it over. That’s how the making of healthy candy recipes generally takes place in our house. The boys are little rascals in the kitchen and I love it!
I think we all enjoy making this healthy candy because it’s a bit of an artistic project. Somehow, using a small paint brush to spread the melted chocolate into the molds reminds us of painting in kindergarten, where there were no mistakes.
Chocolate Raspberry Bonbons
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat
- Place mold in freezer 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
- Remove mold from freezer
- Spoon a scant teaspoon of raspberry jam into each chocolate lined cup
- Paint chocolate over raspberry jam to cover
- Place in freezer 10 minutes to harden
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop candies out of mold
Here are some of my other easy low-carb candy recipes!