Homemade Mounds Candy Bars are a healthy chocolate and coconut candy made with just 4 ingredients! To whip up a batch of your own all you need is dark chocolate, shredded coconut, coconut oil, and honey. We like serving homemade Mounds Candy Bars at our Halloween celebrations. They’re an amazing dessert for Valentine’s day and also a wonderful paleo treat for Purim.
With the blissful combination of chocolate and coconut, homemade Mounds Bars taste even better than the store-bought version! They’re far healthier too.
- Melt chocolate in a small pan over very low heat
- Using a small paint brush, coat the bottom and sides of a mounds candy mold
- Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
- In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut oil, and agave
- Remove mold from freezer
- Fill chocolate lined molds with coconut mixture
- Paint chocolate over coconut mixture to cover bars
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to harden
- Remove from freezer, turn mold upside down and pop mounds out of mold
Here are some of my other healthy homemade candy recipes for you!