These gluten-free Chocolate Almond Joy Bars are crazy good! Who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate, almonds, and coconut in the form of a high-protein paleo dessert?
The dishes I create are far healthier than other gluten-free recipes. Regular gluten-free flours do not compare to almond flour and coconut flour. First, almonds are a superfood that is high in protein, fiber, and good fat. Next, coconut flour has an incredibly high fiber content. That’s why flours like brown rice, tapioca, sorghum, cornmeal, and potato starch don’t even begin to compare to almond and coconut flour. Better yet? Almond and coconut flour are easier to use and taste much better than traditional gluten-free flours.
When I use almond flour and coconut flour for baking, my children think they’re getting an indulgent dessert, yet I know I’m feeding them exceptionally healthy food! With good protein and healthy fat, the boys don’t get cranky from sudden drops in blood sugar when they’re eating almond flour cookies.
In addition to nutritious grain-free flours, these Chocolate Almond Joy Bars contain protein from eggs and extra good fat from coconut milk. They’re lightly sweetened and dairy-free as well.
- In a large bowl, Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, almond extract, and coconut sugar
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda
- Mix dry ingredients into wet with a hand blender
- Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips
- Transfer batter to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Sprinkle shredded coconut and remaining chocolate chips on top
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes
- Cool for 1 hour
This Chocolate Almond Joy Bars recipe was inspired by one from Ginger Lemon Girl. If you can’t eat this because you’re on a nut-free diet, I have some amazing nut-free paleo desserts for you!