I’ve been wanting to make gluten free Carrot Cupcakes for a while now. When I think of spring, I think of carrot cake and when I think of picnics and potlucks I think of carrot cake cupcake yumminess.
My younger son loved these, though the whole family enjoyed them as well. In the spirit of my own personal cupcake month, I present you with, Carrot Cake Cupcakes!
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil and agave
- Stir carrots and pecans into wet ingredients
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Scoop a heaping ¼ cup batter into a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake at 325°F for 18 to 22 minutes
- Cool to room temperature and spread with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
In banana news, the website Endless Simmer has a great post called 100 Things to Do with a Banana, which features my Roasted Banana Coconut Ice Cream. If you have some bananas sitting on the counter and are looking for inspiration, head on over to endlesssimmer.com.
I will be teaching a gluten free cooking class at the Whole Foods in Fort Collins, CO at 6:30pm, on Friday, June 25th. For more information please see their online store calendar. You can register by calling (970) 267-9200 or by visiting the guest service desk at Whole Foods.