- Rub squash with a dab of coconut oil
- Place cut side down on a metal baking sheet
- Bake squash in the oven at 350°F for 40-60 minutes, until soft
- Scoop squash out of skin, discarding skin
- Place squash in food processor with butter (or oil), eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Puree until smooth and creamy
- Place in a 9 inch tart pan or a casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes
This recipe is my take on Sally Fallon’s “Butternut Squash Purée.” I wasn’t planning on including it in my Thanksgiving Menu, however, when Amado called begging for it, I decided it was a must. This delicious warm squash dish can be made dairy-free and is another great comfort food for the chilly season.