Happy New Year! Just in case you are still deciding on your New Year’s resolutions, I found a bunch of quick and easy ones in Esquire Magazine.
- If you’re going to sit naked on a couch, put a towel down
- In emails, use capital letters at the start of sentences, except when in a real hurry
- Join a gym. (I’m not saying go. Just join.)
- Chew your food two times more per mouthful
- Forgive yourself sometimes
And a bonus resolution? Maybe drink a bit of green juice when you’re in the mood. Here’s a recipe to help you out.
- 1 bunch parsely
- 2 cucumbers, leave the peel on
- 1 lemon, remove yellow part of skin
- Push parsley, cucumbers and lemon through a juicer
I now use a Breville juicer which works well enough.
The reason I remove the yellow part of the lemon skin is that it can be very bitter when juiced. I leave the white part of the skin on as it full of healthy bioflavonoids. This tangy, refreshing juice is great with breakfast, as an afternoon pick-me-up, or any other time of day.
Here are some additional juice recipes to quench your thirst for good nutrition: