This flourless chocolate cake recipe is s great alternative to cakes made with almond flour. It’s also a wonderful nut-free dessert recipe. My husband and older son love Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake. It’s incredible with the Strawberry Meringue Frosting from my second cookbook, Gluten-Free Cupcakes. They call it banana split cake when I serve it that way.
This Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake recipe is quick and easy. The trick? Make sure that your bananas are quite ripe so that the cake is sweet. If you are in need of dairy-free diet recipes, try this cake with my Coconut Whipped Cream recipe.
- In a vitamix, blend egg yolks, agave, and salt on medium for 1 minute
- Add grapeseed oil and mashed banana and blend for 1 minute
- Blend in cacao powder
- In a bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks
- Gently fold contents of vitamix into bowl with egg whites
- Pour batter into a greased 8 inch springform pan
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
The inspiration for this Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake recipe came from a feature on Passover dessert recipes in Living Without. That recipe was a bit heavy on the eggs, as Passover desserts can sometimes be. My cake doesn’t have that issue, and is very moist and mousse-like.
Here are some of my other nut-free paleo dessert recipes, all Kosher for Passover too!