If you like shrimp, try this paleo recipe for Curried Shrimp. The larger than life flavors meld together in this succulent and healthy curry dish.
Print Email Pin Recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, pureed
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- In a large saucepan, heat oil
- Sauté garlic and onion over low heat until tender, about 10-15 minutes
- Add tomatoes, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric; simmer for 5 minutes
- Place shrimp in simmering sauce and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through
- Stir in cilantro
- Remove from heat, add lime juice
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 45 mins
Tried this recipe?Mention @elanaspantry or tag #elanaspantry!
Adapted from Loren Cordain’s The Paleo Diet, a favorite book of mine in my quest to eat real, unprocessed food.
Cara Tyrrell says
I made this recipe last night for dinner. We loved it! I served it over cauliflower “rice”. The sauce was amazing, so I will definitely be doubling this portion of the recipe next time. This recipe is a keeper!
Cara, thanks for letting me know this recipe is a keeper!
Delicious! My entire family enjoyed this dish!
I made this shrimp tonight and my very particular 13 year old son said unsolicited, “Mom this shrimp is good!” He finished his dinner in record time too. That simple comment says so much as it is very rare to get a positive comment about dinner from him. I will definitely put this in my recipe arsenal to make again and again.
I made this last night with chicken instead of shrimp.. and added a wee bit of coconut milk and chili pepper flakes. A party in my mouth! Soooo tasty!