The New York Times blog, Bitten, just did a feature on chocolate cupcakes, which made me realize that a recipe for gluten free chocolate cupcakes is conspicuously lacking from this site. Well, I am happy to say that is no longer the case.
In my quest for the perfect gluten free chocolate cupcake, I made these 5 times. Today. Luckily, my boys and their glutenoid friends happily scarfed the “failures.” Here, I share with you my success.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, cacao powder, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil and honey
- Blend dry ingredients into wet thoroughly
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and scoop a scant ¼ cup into each
- Bake at 375°F for 20-22 minutes
- Cool and cover with Vegan "Buttercream" Chocolate Frosting
I hope you like these cupcakes as much as my family and I do. If you are looking for gluten-free sprinkles (which the boys eat, I do not), then check out this source.