This recipe was adapted from one by Pam Vagnieres‘ in an article called Make Your Own Protein Bars that ran last year in my local newspaper The Daily Camera. These high protein, gluten free power bars are easy to make and remind me of a Lärabar, though these are super fresh since they’re homemade, and they’re also not quite as sweet.
My boys and their friends loved these bars and gobbled them up during spring break, when our house was boys central.
- Blend pecans and cacao powder in food processor until combined and coarsely ground
- Add in dates and process until blended into dry ingredients
- Process in vanilla, stevia and agave until well combined
- Stir (or work in) dried cranberries with a spoon or by hand
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until firm, then cut into 16 squares
For more yummy power bar recipes from other gluten free food bloggers check out:
–Sesame Snack Bars (Gluten-Free & Casein Free) from Lexie of Lexie’s Kitchen
–Popeye Protein and Fruit Bars from Shirley of Gluten free Easily
–The Best Ever Gluten-Free Power Bars from Debbie of The Gluten-Free ‘Dish’